Dr. Wendy Tao, a licensed Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, completed her medical training at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM). She also has a Bachelor of Science from the University of Alberta.
With a focus in naturopathic and aesthetic medicine, Dr. Tao bridges the gap between the two by using the body's natural processes to achieve optimal health.
Naturopathic treatments used by Dr. Tao may include clinical nutrition and lifestyle counseling, herbal medicine, homeopathy, vitamins & supplements, intravenous (IV) nutrition and chelation therapy, and functional lab and nutrigenomic testing.
Medical aesthetic services offered by Dr. Tao include Botulinum (Botox| Dysport | Nuceiva), dermal fillers injections for face rejuvenation and hair restoration.
Dr. Tao offers general practice with particular focus on:
* Environmental detoxification
* Chemical & food sensitivity
* Women’s health including menstrual irregularities, endometriosis, fibroids, yeast infections, breast health, PMS, PCOS, dysmenorrhea
* Peri-Menopause & Menopause including hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, mood imbalances, fatigue, bone health, poor memory, and low libido
* Adrenal insufficiency/fatigue
* Digestive disorders include indigestion, acid reflux, IBS, gas, chronic bloating, colitis, diarrhea, and constipation
* Sleep disorders
* Weight loss and management
* Cosmetic and therapeutic injections (e.g., TMJ, hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), migraines headaches, fines lines & wrinkles, and volume loss)
Dr. Tao has advanced injectables education in Botulinum and dermal fillers from CBAM (Canadian Board of Aesthetic Medicine). She has also completed courses in cosmetic and therapeutic neuromodulators, and dermal fillers injection certifications from Dr. Alibhai at MD Cosmetics.
Dr. Tao is in good standing with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC). She is also a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) and the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA).
Dr. Tao has authored several articles on natural health topics, and has co-authored a cookbook titled “Authentic Chinese Smart Carb Cookbook. She has also presented at various conferences and continuing education seminars. She is fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
When not working at the clinic, she can be found hiking on trails around the Lower Mainland or appreciating gourmet food with friends and family.